Answers to Apt Adages, Maxims & Sayings Puzzles
1. Forewarned is forearmed.
2. Hope is a good breakfast but a bad supper.
3. A reformed rake makes the best husband.
4. He who lives by the sword shall perish by the sword.
5. Slow and steady wins the race.
6. Death pays all debts.
7. I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weener.
8. Leave well enough alone.
9. If you can't lick them, join them.
10. Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.
11. Children should be seen and not heard.
12. The fiddle cannot play without the bow.
13. Good things come in small packages.
14. A house divided can't stand.
15. Father knows best.
16. One man's loss is another man's gain.
17. For want of a nail the shoe is lost, for want of the shoe the horse is lost, for want of the horse the rider is lost.
18. As the twig is bent, so grows the tree.
19. Little strokes fell great oaks.
20. A miss is as good as a mile.
BACK TO ADAGES
Back to top |
Back to Main Page of Puzz.com - IQ Tests, Puzzles, Games & Contests