Chimera's Puzzles Answers
If you haven't tried the puzzles yet, click here.
1. IDEA. This one was tough. Take the last letter of the last word (A in IDEA), the second to last letter of the second to last word (B in BABE), & so on, & you will find that the letters are in alphabetic order.
2. The three letter word is SUN, & the word that does not belong is RANGE.
3. If you add the letter B to each "word" in the sequence, you get bad, big, bog, bra, cab, lab, & the only option given that makes a word with a B added to it, or, to make orb. When a B is added to each word, the words are in alphabetic order.
4. arist. Add OCRACY to the end of this "word" & the others in the set, & you have words that denote forms of government.
5. 213. The difference between 7 & 8 in the first number, 78, is 1. The difference between the 6 & 9 in 69 is 3; then you have 5 for 5 & 0 in 50, 7 for 4 & 11 in 411, 9 for 3 & 12 in 312, & 11 for 2 & 13 in 213. Yet another tough puzzle!
6. It is extremely unusual that none of the words contain the letter E, which is found in a large portion of the words in the English language.
7. FOIL & OIL.
8. PHONE & HONE.
9. TURN & URN.
10. SHARD & HARD.
BACK TO PUZZLES
Back to top |
Back to Main Page of Puzz.com - IQ Tests, Puzzles, Games & Contests