Cryptoquips & Cryptograms
By William F. Bultas
A cryptogram is a code made by substituting a different letter for each letter of the alphabet. In
a particular code, for example, the l's might be replaced by j's, & the j's might be replaced by
b's. Every letter is usually changed, & a different code is used for each problem. I encourage you to use any reference materials you think might help on the following 10 cryptoquips &
cryptograms. I have placed
the answers on a separate page to keep you from looking until
you're ready. Be aware that some of the puzzles may take a while to solve, so don't get frustrated - only a true cryptoquipographer could decipher more than 7 of them! Many of the cryptograms were made using famous (and sometimes humorous) sayings, proverbs, adages & maxims. If you enjoy these puzzles, be
sure to try the other tests & puzzles at PUZZ.COM. Have fun!
1. Ko jvamlkve kd djizwb mlw lyxjv utba kd djizwb.
2. Cohhoq hi qojzbm fbxomh zmr hnitlnh hi co z piix, hnzm hi idom gitq jithn
zmr qojiwo zxx ritch.
3. Bes tswb kvqu vkk qfapgqbgfa, yegks bes yfcwb vcs lgkksj ygbe mvwwgfavbs
4. G raadkjt oazjkjpnzol kj ptn tacyacdkz ar jugdd ukzbj.
5. Yx't zex xqp tyvp eu xqp les yz xqp uysqx, yx't xqp tyvp eu xqp uysqx yz xqp les.
6. Tjmei qynjniq lehm edxezq ami hnfdmvi fyyfqninfv ujfa amcnfrjm anvcq.
7. Opd wkokxd gdblysi ol oplid jpl gdbadud ay opd gdqkor lw opdax mxdqti.
8. Lkp kptml kta sla mptacoa, fksdk mptaco zcpa ocl gocf.
9. W zewm rg w qnhwi srkc w qhwqmrfh.
10. O nojj gqlkoi vs khv is vhllsn hvt tqplhtq kx ascj yx khfovp kq bhiq
ANSWERS TO CRYPTOQUIPS & CRYPTOGRAMS
Back to top |
Back to Main Page of Puzz.com - IQ Tests, Puzzles, Games & Contests