1. albatross......An albatross is taking two strokes on a par 5. It
very difficult to obtain, therefore a golfer's dream. Its last
rhymes with a religious symbol, this being a cross, and Al is a
abbreviated guy's name.
2. instinct....Instinct is a feeling urged from within, and many
ignore this feeling but they shouldn't. When sounding it out, the
stink is sounded.
3. remote......A remote control is used with electronics and a remote
location is very isolated.
4. sluggish.....A sluggish person is lazy. A slug is a pest in our
gardens and a bear's seafood lunch is fish (which rhymes with gish).
5. gazelle.....A game involving getting from point A to point B is a
maze which rhymes with gaze. A gazelle is a type of antelope.
6. discus......A discus is used in track and field. Add an s to
and you have discuss which means to exchange ideas.
7. combat.....The first four letters are comb which is the device used
for everyday cleanliness.
8. ambush.....An ambush happens suddenly and without warning. Its
second syllable is an American President, George Bush, and a bush is
9. mistletoe....Mistletoe inspires affection (a kiss if standing under
it). Mist is droplets of rain and the last three letters are toe (a
10. mohawk......A mohawk is a bird belonging to the falcon family.
Mohawks are an Indian tribe as well as an extreme hairstyle.
11. barrette....Barrettes hold hair. They are very light yet hold
hundreds of hair. The first three letters are referring to a bar (a
houses parties), and of course a chocolate bar.
12. figure..... figure eight, A good figure versus a bad figure for
a magazine, first three letters are a type of tree (fig)
13. stanley....The Stanley Cup is brought out only for a special
occassion. Stanley is a masculine name. Add a "D" to the first three
you have stand (which is an upright position). The last three letters
rhyme with a golf ball's companion, a tee.
14. phonics.......Phonics is a literary program used in schools.
is a fawn and sounds like phon.
15. knowledge.......Knowledge is required to be intelligent and don't
fall off my last five letters, this being a ledge.