Answers to Vocabulary Quiz
Try the quiz first if you haven't already.
Number Correct Rank
0-2 Verbally Challenged
3-5 Joe (or Josephine) Six Pack
15-17 Walking Dictionary
1. A. A lively song often accompanied by street dancing, popular during the
2. A. A sea urchin.
3. C. A chorus line in India of nautch girls.
4. B. A bulletproof screen.
5. C. A melodrama
6. C. An elephant driver.
7. B. A short sleeveless garment for women.
8. C. Goods thrown into the sea with a buoy attached so that they may be found
9. A. A crowning molding in classic architecture.
10. B. A heavily armed infantry soldier of ancient Greece.
11. C. A person who enjoys reliving past memories.
12. C. Property held as collateral against a debt.
13. C. To flirt by winking the eye.
14. B. A small thesis or proposition.
15. A. A shiny red apple.
16. C. To make fun of people's accents and mannerisms
17. C. Indian smoking substance made from tree bark.
18. C. A book cover made of linen.
19. C. A face-veil worn by women of Moslem countries.
20. B. In logging, a short pole used to direct the way a tree will fall.
BACK TO THE QUIZ